DEAD BEATS GIVEAWAY: Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOESNOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Promotion may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
1. Sponsor. The sponsor of this Promotion is A Wave Blue World of New York, NY.
2. How to enter. The Promotion will run from 12pm EST on October 5th, 2020 (the “Opening Date”) to 12pm EST on October 9th, 2020 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive. Any entries submitted after this time will not be eligible for entry into the Promotion.
2.2 To enter the Twitter Book Giveaway promotion (“Promotion”) you must (1) create a new account or use an existing account on www.twitter.com (“Twitter”); (2) Follow the A Wave Blue World official Twitter profile (twitter.com/AWaveBlueWorld or @AWaveBlueWorld); (3) retweet the original “DEAD BEATS Giveaway” twitter post between the Opening Date and the Closing Date (a “Retweet”); and (4) like the original “DEAD BEATS Giveaway” twitter post between the Opening Date and the Closing Date (a “Like”).
2.3 For doing all of the above, you will receive one (1) entry. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/authorized Twitter account holder overall.
2.4 Retweets must be made by the authorized Twitter account holder at the time of entry. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted. “Authorized Twitter account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Twitter address from which the entry was received. If your Twitter account is private, your Retweet will NOT be eligible; you must change the setting on your account from private to “public” or “unprotected”. The Twitter platform will be the official time clock for the Promotion. Retweets may NOT contain, as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that is obscene or offensive, violent, defamatory, disparaging or illegal, or that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco or a particular political agenda, or that communicates messages that may reflect negatively on A Wave Blue World. Retweets containing such content will be disqualified.
2.5 We will not accept responsibility for Promotion entries that are not submitted by the Closing Date regardless of cause, including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
2.6 By submitting a Promotion entry through a Retweet and a Like, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2.7 We will select 5 winners at random from all eligible entries after the Closing Date.
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of A Wave Blue World. (“Sponsor”) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Volunteer Members may participate in the Promotion and are eligible to win prizes. Promotion may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3.2 You must have a United States address for delivery of the Prize.
3.3 In entering the Promotion, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. A Wave Blue World may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Promotion.
3.4 A Wave Blue World will not accept Promotion entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk; or
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with
3.5 A Wave Blue World reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize Promotion.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. Five (5) winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Drawing will be conducted within approximately one (1) day after the end of the Promotion Period. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
5. Prize. There will be one (1) prize awarded to each of the winners of the Promotion. A copy of Dead Beats: Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $19.99, a DEAD BEATS T-shirt (ARV $20), and a DEAD BEATS sticker (ARV $2). Total ARV of each prize: $41.99. Total ARV of all prizes combined: $125.97.
5.1 There is no cash alternative for the prize.
6. Notification. The winner will be notified by direct message within one (1) day after selection. You must have your account settings configured so that you can receive direct messages from @AWaveBlueWorld. The potential winner then must direct message @AWaveBlueWorld their full name, confirmation that they are over 18, requested T-shirt size, complete mailing address and e-mail address within a time period specified by Sponsor or the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. The winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, or other confirmatory document, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, within five (5) days of prize notification. If the winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects their prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Promotion rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6.1 A Wave Blue World does not guarantee that the requested T-shirt size will be available. In the event that the requested size is not available, winners will be given the option to choose from available sizes.
6.2 Once all the winners have been picked they will be announced on A Wave Blue World’s social media platforms. You hereby give your consent for your name/and or Twitter handle to be used for this purpose.
7. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use their name, likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Promotion or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way, may be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
8. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account subscriber of the Twitter account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these official rules. An authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the Twitter account by Twitter. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account subscriber associated with the winning entry. Entries generated by script, macro, or any automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for misdirected or undelivered tweets, technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed data transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, Twitter or Sponsor’s web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.